4th October 2019
Dear Exhibitors and Visitors,
We would like to express our warmest welcomes to all of you who will be visiting the Global Sources October Show Series 2019! The waiting is over – our shows will be held as scheduled at AsiaWorld-Expo commencing next week. Preparations for our trade shows are in full swing and we will be ready as usual to welcome thousands of our exhibitors from China and Asia – and tens of thousands of buyers from around the world.
It is understandable that the recent social events in Hong Kong have raised a certain level of concern. However, recent trade fairs in Hong Kong, such as the Hong Kong Book Fair, Food Expo and Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair, were concluded successfully and there is no evidence that any of these trade fairs have been disrupted by the ongoing situation. During October, trade shows at major exhibition venues will also be proceeding as planned. Thus, Hong Kong remains the Trade Show Capital of Asia!
Although the Global Sources shows venue is not affected by the ongoing social events, we have taken additional effort to ensure that our Fall19 show series can run as smooth and as successful as our previous shows. Amongst the actions we’ve taken, we have active and close coordination with the Hong Kong SAR government, AsiaWorld-Expo, the security teams, contractors, suppliers and partner hotels, to enhance the level of security and coordinate point-to-point shuttle bus service. To ensure our exhibitors and visitors can attend the shows without any worries, we take the following measures to safeguard the best arrangement and provide latest updates to all parties, including:
- 100+ stand-by inbound/ outbound shuttle buses
- Additional closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs) monitoring
- Reinforcement of security personnel at the venue
- New airport information counter with Airport Meet & Greet Programme
- Real-time updates on our social media and website
- Radio announcements
- Preparation of distribution channels for contingency situations
Furthermore, Global Sources has been investing greater effort in visitor marketing worldwide. In response to the impact of the US-China trade war and the current social events, we are investing more marketing resources and injecting more creativity into connecting Asian suppliers and global buyers through our exclusive online-to-offline (O2O) products and services, which comprise of:
- Upgrades to our incentive and rewards programs
- Enhancement of the Global Sources online platform
- Substantial increase in marketing budget to meet the sourcing needs of international buying offices in China and throughout Asia
- Enrichment of trade show content to include hot products and market trends, and
- Video conference service on the show floor
These practices are established to market Global Sources shows to a more extensive range of buyers internationally and meet buyers’ sourcing needs.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation in Hong Kong and share updates on our official website and social media platforms.
We look forward to seeing you soon!